What are the different types of GORE-TEX?
GORE-TEX® fabrics are constructed by laminating the famous GORE-TEX® membrane to high-performance textiles. Membrane pores are 20,000 times smaller than a water drop and 700 times larger than a water vapor molecule. This means that rain can't get in but your perspiration can get out.
GORE-TEX® fabrics are also treated with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) that makes water bead up and roll off, ensuring maximum performance in extreme conditions. Unlike other fabrics that can lose their waterproofness after laundering, GORE-TEX® remains waterproof, windproof and breathable. This is backed up by the GORE-TEX® "Guaranteed To Keep You Dry®" promise.
GORE-TEX® 2-layer fabric combines lightweight, breathability, and softness – with excellent waterproofing. It also features a high-performance outer fabric bonded to the GORE-TEX® membrane, with a free-hanging inner lining; making it suitable for wearing around town or on the trail.
GORE-TEX® 3-layer fabric delivers optimal durability and performance. 3-layer GORE-TEX® fabric features a GORE-TEX® membrane laminated to a highly durable outer fabric as well as a protective knit liner fabric. GORE-TEX® 3 Layer Fabric is for extra rugged use.
GORE-TEX® Paclite® Shells are the lightest, most packable GORE-TEX® fabrics. They are extremely breathable and ideal for minimising weight and space. The fabric combines extreme breathability, durability, wind resistance, and waterproofness with light weight and packability. Key advantages include:
- A protective layer on the membrane makes a separate lining unnecessary.
- Durably waterproof and extremely breathable.
- Lightweight, packable, and versatile.
GORE-TEX® Performance Shell is designed to adapt to almost any type of activity, whether you’re skiing, cycling, mountaineering, jogging or walking. One garment, many activities. Key advantages include:
- Delivers breathable comfort and durable waterproof protection.
- Designed for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Available in 2- and 3-layer constructions. 2 layers are supple and quiet; 3 layers are for extra-rugged use.
GORE-TEX® Pro Shell is the optimum solution for outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts who face extreme weather and challenging conditions. It is made with the most rugged, durably waterproof and windproof fabrics. Key advantages include:
- Designed to meet the demands of outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts.
- Engineered to excel in extended and extreme conditions.
- Extremely tough, durably waterproof and windproof.
- Available in 2- and 3-layer constructions: 2 layers are supple and quiet; 3 layers are for extra-rugged use.
See our range of GORE-TEX® gear
How to care for GORE-TEX footwear
Prolong your GORE-TEX life and performance.
How to wash a GORE-TEX or NGX jacket
To keep your GORE-TEX jacket performing at its best, clean and care for it regularly.
How to wash & care for GORE-TEX gloves
GORE-TEX® gloves are not only built to last, they're easy to take care of, too.