From camp mod-cons to lightweight gear. From cooking equipment to night lights. Whether your family and friends camp by the beach or hike to isolated escapes, we have the camping gift ideas for their next adventure to become a memorable one.
For the light camper
To make their next adventure easier and more enjoyable, look at some of these lightweight camping gifts. Perfect for that friend or family member planning their next overland adventure at multiple campsites.
- Lansan Ultralight Tent– everything you need without the weight to drag you down
- Delta Lightweight Sleeping Bag– your ideal light companion for warm weather camping
- Heli Women’s or Men’s Down Jacket– you’ll enjoy warmth without the bulk
- Goal Zero Crush Light – folds down to take up minimal space in your pack
For the tramping camper
Are they the type to get off-the-beaten-track? They'll need a selection of fit-for-purpose gear.
Trading off comfort for less weight is a balancing act, so these gifts will be well-loved:
- Mono Tent – ideal for one person but able to squeeze in two
- Altai 50L Pack or the Altai 50L Women’s Pack – compact and light, but with enough space
- Pegasus Sleeping Bag – a mix of lightweight down and synthetic fill that will work across three seasons
- Ultralight Dry Sacks – keep their important items dry in a 5, 15 or 25 litre dry sack.
For the ‘gourmet cook’ camper
After a long day spent fishing off rocks, swimming in the sea and chilling on the beach, there are many of us who like channel our remaining energy into quality food.
And to create that wonder meal, we need a few tools of the trade. Give your budding camping chef one of these outdoor favourites:
- Retreat Double Cupboard – all the space you need to lay out your essential herbs, oils and spices
- Retreat Four Piece Cook Set – instead of holding back on cooking equipment, grab an all-in-one set like this one
- Gasmate Stove – your alternative (or supplement) to cooking on a barbeque
- Retreat Table – present your banquet to friends and family in full, uninhibited glory
- Cabana Table and Benches – essential for your group of outdoor enthusiasts to really enjoy the outdoor cooking experience.
For the camper who stumbles around in the dark
When natural light fades into the evening and you need another light source, choose one of these luminous options:
- Retreat 1200 – perfect if you’ve splashed out on the Compass Hub and need a powerful lantern to light up the interior space
- Focus 1000 Hand Torch – rechargeable power in your hand
- Raven 300 Head Torch – when you need your hands free for more important tasks
- Remote Tent Light – ideal if you want to have the power of light from your comfy camp seat
- Carabiner Key Light – handy to navigate your way to the outhouse and back
For the camper who likes a cheeky beverage
A tough day relaxing by the beach or chilling out in the campground calls for a cold one, and what better way to keep your bevvies cool than in the:
For the mini camper
It wouldn’t be summer camping without a little fun in the sun. Grab a few of our outdoor toys as a thoughtful summer gift for the kids – they'll have a blast on their next camping trip with some of these outdoor games and activities.
For the glamper
Have some friends that would only go camping if maximum comfort is involved? Look no further than these extravagant camping presents:
- Cabana Lounger Chair – why just sit when you can recline, with a cold drink of course
- Retreat Compass Hub – extra space is a luxury and this hub attaches to your Retreat Module Tent to provide just that
- Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus Kit – your portable, solar powered charging kit for keeping your devices up with the play
- Retreat Double Camping Mat – so much space you’ll actually want to sleep in