What is the certification process?
Certified B Corporations are required to:
1. Consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders.
2. Agree to make their B Impact Report transparent on bcorporation.com.au (measuring a company's performance in five impact areas: governance, workers, customers, communities, and the environment).
3. Achieve a minimum verified score on the B Impact Assessment.
4. Recertify every two years. This requires them to satisfy the ever-changing standards and expectations of the certification each time.
5. Complete a comprehensive questionnaire, including substantiating evidence, followed up with an interview and reviews by B CorpTM, each with stringent guidelines.
How does this help Kathmandu customers?
Fast becoming a global signpost for leadership in environmental and social impact, that little encircled 'B' is a way for customers to instantly recognise that the organisations they buy from are working according to an entirely new way of doing business.
B Corporation certification helps business act as a force for good, while it also helps investors select organisations that align with their values. For those adventurers and travellers out there, this stringent accreditation means they can trust that we meet the highest standards for positive social and environmental impact.