Your donations to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund support emergency teams in five ways:
1. Aiding the work of support teams in evacuation centres and recovery hubs.
2. Helping the Red Cross to locate missing loved ones through its Register.Find.Reunite service.
3. Providing emergency grants to those who have lost homes in bushfires to cover their immediate expenses.
4. Recovery support following the fires, including one-on-one support to the community.
5. Preparations and support/training for future bushfire risks.
On top of this vital work, the Red Cross is now working with Government and the Australian Defence Force in logistical support, delivering essentials items like food and water to communities cut off by fires.
"The funds we raise will ensure our trained staff and volunteers can continue to be there for the long-haul, helping people take a deep breath, take stock of their losses, and slowly but surely get back on their feet," Belinda Dimovski says.